Flow Chart for PhD Program
1) Advertisements in the website of WBUHS, www.wbuhs.ac.in inviting application for PhD Program in the month of ............................................ every year.
2) Apply for PhD Program in response to the advertisement in the website of WBUHS, within ..................... weeks of advertisement along with the submission of Preliminary Synopsis (research proposal).
3) Scrutiny of the application and entrance test (where applicable) within ......................... weeks of last date of application.
4) Call letters for interview to the candidate who have been screened and selected.
5) Interview in presence of Interview Board
6) Report of the Interview Board
7) Admission as per recommendation of PhD Admission Committee
8) After registration, a student has to complete mandatory course work of six months duration and submit duly approved Research proposal (preliminary synopsis) within the first year of PhD Program.
9) Mandatory course work of 6 months must be completed within the first year after PhD Registration with qualifying marks in Research Methodology Examination conducted by University.
10) To submit half yearly Progress Report till submission of Thesis
11) Research for 2 1 / 2 years for full-time candidate & 4 1 / 2 years for part-time candidate respectively along with publications (at least one) & presentation of paper based on PhD research work in National / International / State conferences / Workshops (at least two with certificates).
12) To submit Conclusion Report / Final Synopsis / Draft Thesis after 2 1 / 2 years for full-time candidate & 4 1 / 2 years for part-time candidate respectively (before six months of minimum stipulated period).
13) Pre PhD seminar and recommendation for submission of final thesis.
14) To submit thesis within three months after pre PhD Seminar.
15) Adjudication of the thesis within six to eight weeks of submission.
16) Viva Voce
17) Notification & Provisional certificate of PhD award as per extant UGC regulations.
18) Award of the PhD Degree in convocation.