Govt. College Of Nursing, I.D. & B.G. Hospital Campus
57, Beliaghata Main Road, Kolkata – 700010
About the Institution
Govt. College of Nursing was established in the year of 2011 under the same rooftop that of A.N.M. Nursing Training School, I.D. & B.G. Hospital and had gained an independent D.D.O.-ship in the year of 2015. The Institution has now got its individual Academic-cum-Administrative Building (G+4) along with a Students’ Hostel (G+5) that was inaugurated on 11th July, 2018 by Smt. Mamata Banerjee, the Hon’ble Chief Minister, West Bengal. The College had started its journey with 50 students annually for 2-year Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course for G.N.M. Diploma holder Nurses, which will now be increased to 60 students per annum along with the introduction of 02 new Nursing Programs from this academic year – 2-year M.Sc. Nursing & 4-year B.Sc. Nursing Courses. We are privileged to produce 220 Nursing Graduates till date in anticipation of providing higher quality nursing services in all over the state.
- Enhancement of seats from 50 to 60 of the existing 2-year Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program from the academic year 2018-2019.
- Introduction of 4-year B.Sc. Nursing Course with annual intake of 60 students.
- Introduction of 2-year M.Sc. Nursing Course with 5 students in each of 04 specialties as detailed below:
- Maternal Health Nursing.
- Child Health Nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Construction of new 4-storied Academic-cum-administrative and 5-storied Hostel Buildings.
- State Nodal Centre for Skills Training under National Health Mission (N.H.M.) since November’2016.
- Well qualified & experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Smart classrooms with high amenities.
- Air-conditioned Library.
- Well furnished students’ hostel.
- Air-Conditioned Auditorium.
- Air-conditioned Conference Room.
- Well equipped laboratories such as Computer, Nutrition, Nursing Foundation,Mid-wifery etc.
- Skills Lab for Maternal and Child Health Nursing.
Courses and Admission
- Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Course.
- To be introduced from the academic year 2018-2019:
- (i) B.Sc. Nursing Course.
- (ii) M.Sc. Nursing Course.
Modes of Admission
|Name of the Courses||Entrance Test||Eligibility|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||West Bengal Nursing Admission Test (WBNAT)||3 years G.N.M. Diploma|
|B.Sc. Nursing||JENPAUH Exam||H.S. (Science) GEN = 45%; SC/ST = 40%|
|M.Sc. Nursing||West Bengal Post Graduate Nursing Admission Test (WBPGNAT)||B.Sc. Nursing; Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing|
If you want to learn more about this college / institute, please fill up this form with your details and we will get back to you.